Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Week 2, Day 2 - The 90s called....

270.0 pounds
24.4 pounds lost, 135 pounds to go

So upon searching the grocery store shelves, I have found a plan. It's one of which I had used on and off between 1989 (yep in 6th grade!!! @@) and 1993. It's Slim Fast. It always worked when I was younger to help me get trim. I tried it a couple of years ago (totally wrong of course - eating too many carbs convincing myself I was doing it right).

Today I feel like the Diet Diva - TFC can take a step back!

I look good:
  1. have a full face on
  2. letting my cutely wavy hair dry naturally in a headband ala Blair Waldorf
  3. am wearing a new skort and top
I feel good
  1. Just finished my first shake - know that I have just nourished my body better than I have in ages
  2. I feel the confidence rising
Today I have to confront someone. Someone who continues to be a pull - a nag in the side, a thorn, whatever...it's the woman who gave me life. A woman who cannot accept that her thirty two year old daughter has left the nest (in 2001, no less) and has a home (since 2005) and is no longer under her absolute control. Without getting into the nitty gritty details, there is a family situation that is my brother's responsiblity (AKA The Prince - TP from now on) and my mother (MM) has decided to take unto herself. One catch, TP's responsibility involves driving and MM is terrified of driving, so TP asked me three years ago if I would mind taking care of his responsibility for six months because his job wouldn't allow it. At the time I accepted it. Wouldn't you know within those 6 months, TP obtained a different job meaning that the responsibility then falls on my shoulders FOREVER?!?!?! No, no, no...so in the last few months I have finally stood up for myself and decided that I will not participate unless it fits in my plans. (As a newlywed I would ditch my hardworking 12 hour a day husband and make him fend for himself for dinner while I was at my parents' house once or twice a week - when I was never a homebody when I lived there to begin with).

So here we are....TP left me with a responsibility that is his...MM claims it's her responsibility but needs my help....and when I don't help things like this happen....

The responsibility is picking up TP's 8 year old daughter from his ex-girlfriend's house. We'll call her The Baby (TB).

MM informs me -

"TB asked where you were when your father and I picked her up last week. We told her you were relaxing in your air conditioned bedroom reading a book. Because that IS what you told me".

Seriously?!?! WTF?!?! So here we are a week later and MM thinks I am going to take her shopping and then deal with her crap. I don't know what to do...

Must run to an appointment but feel very angry right now...and confused....

No comments:

Post a Comment