Sunday, July 26, 2009

Week 1, Day 6 Already Threw In the Towel (and it's a bath sheet at that!)

272.?
24 pounds lost, 137 to go....

Okay, so after a few days The Fat Chick (TFC) won. She got her way. She screamed, she cried, she whined, she's PMSing and she won. Ugh. And now I feel like a complete and utter failure. Tomorrow is Monday and we always re-start on a Monday, right?

Here's the deal. I did great for two days, craved pizza and caved. I'm a BIG fan of pizza. As a child, I told my family to expect pizza when they came to my house (of course I do Easter and I do the whole ham and trimmings thing - my poor inner child, hee hee!) but that's how much I love pizza. Everyday during high school - mine had an open campus- I had pizza and TCBY (ice cream is another great love!).

Then hubby surprised me with an overnight trip to Atlantic City. How does one who hasn't been on a vacation at all since 2007 say no? Obviously one doesn't, LOL! So off we went. Dreams of packing string cheese and eating pepperoni filled my head. Hearing on "Drop Dead Diva" that you can have a Mojito with vodka and splenda was in the works. And then I enter vacationland.

Pina Colada - CHECK x 2
Amaretto Sour - CHECK x well, I felt soooo good it was too many to count - I remember ordering doubles at one point
Soft Pretzel - CHECK x 3 (of course after a very unfulfilling dinner of 2 baked potatoes, a biscuit and an ice cream cone - Miss Picky Eater America (also a symptom of TFC) can't eat at buffets without resorting to eating like a 6 year old who has no parental involvement whatsoever!
Fudge - CHECK
Salt Water Taffy - CHECK - I mean it IS Atlantic City, aren't they famous for it?!?

Well that leaves me here. Blood Glucose levels in the 200s, feeling like I could burst into tears at any moment, a pound heavier and still depressed because it's another step further I took to finally getting pregnant. Now I have to fax my blood glucose levels to my perinatal specialist who is going to bitch slap me over the phone and suggest for the fifth time that I make a follow up with the dietician. SIGH

Yes the woman who said pizza was legal - IF I only had one slice. Okay, now, who, other than five year olds at a birthday party only have ONE slice of pizza and stop?!? Generally I eat 2 and thought that was okay. But alas, it is not. I can't live like that.

So, here's the deal, I need to find a plan that
  1. I can LIVE with -as in can go out to dinner with my husband, can go out to lunch with friends, can enjoy popcorn (OCCASIONALLY) at a movie, can have a soft pretzel at a park.
  2. Makes me happy
  3. Can also lower my glucose blood sugar. Sure, getting smaller will probably do that
  4. Did I mention I can LIVE with?!?!
  5. Doesn't make me STARVE!
  6. Doesn't make me roam the cupboards/pantry at 9:00 PM
  7. is REALISTIC
Basically that's what I am looking for. Weight Watchers advertises all of that and yes, I am an unsuccessful alumni about 100 times over. And now, adding insult to injury, my University best friend's mother is now the weigh in person. And did I mention she's a frenemy?!? How am I supposed to go there? Stalk Weight Watchers in a black outfit and ski cap waiting for her shift to end to go weigh in???? What to do...what to do...suggestions helpful :)

On a positive note:
  1. I now know that I am absolutely a size 24
  2. I wore a cute fitted pajama dress from Lane Bryant last night that was a 22/24 - I was terrified it wouldn't fit (I always buy 26/28 thinking it's always better too big than too small) and hadn't put it on since I bought it a month ago. Hubby actually said I looked cute - immediately went out and bought two more pairs today!
  3. I discovered this thing today where you take your blood sugar every five minutes after taking your insulin to discover how long you should eat after you take it - when the number goes down 5 units it's time to mangia. For me it was 40 painstaking minutes!!!! But now I know, take insulin and wait forty minutes - lets see if my numbers get better.
Tomorrow is Monday and Monday is always a great time for a re-start - here's to us, kids!!!!!! Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment